Avoiding Water Damage
Every building can undergo significant water damages. Your home can sustain water damages through basement flooding, sewer backups and heavy rainfall. At Paul Davis, we understand the financial and emotional strain that water damages can take on you and your family. The best way to decrease water damage to your home is to contact the professionals as soon as possible. We have a nationwide network of water damage restoration contractors that will address, asses and repair the issue.
The Causes of Water Damage
Every house has appliances that are needed for everday life. But if they fail, they can often bring more harm than good. Any appliance that uses water could cause major problems by flooding. , don’t hesitate to call. The water damage repair technicians from Paul Davis will arrive as soon as possible to fix any leaks and repair water damage effeciently. Here’s a few causes of water damage:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Sinks, bathtubs or toilets that have overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
- Heavy storms or rainfall
- Streams or rivers that have crested
Ways to Prevent Water Damage
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. That’s why productive prevention is key to avoiding expensive repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. Consider the following to prevent water damage:
- Regularly look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your sink. This can significantly damage and block your pipes.
- Check that your water pressure isn’t too high, so it isn’t putting undesirable pressure on your pipes or hoses.
- Know how to turn off your water main in case of an emergency. As soon as a pipe leaks or bursts, shut off your water main to prevent any further damage.
- Check your water bill for any unforeseen spikes in your usage. It could indicate a leak.
- Cleanout your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your gutters and roof.
When it comes to preventing water damage, it’s important to use your common sense. Regularly check your home and appliances. Do you suspect that there’s a leak or another issue in your home? Don’t wait. If it’s only a small leak, then address it yourself immediately. But if it’s bigger leak or burst, call the highly trained professionals from Paul Davis.
Paul Davis’ Water Damage Restoration Services
You shouldn’t waste any time when an emergency happens. Paul Davis franchises all offer 24/7 emergency services, allowing them to repair any water damages as soon as they can. Here are the water damage services that we offer:
- Water damage assessment
- Water extraction
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring affected possessions
- Mold and mildew damage remediation
- Locating and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Assisting with filling insurance claims
Rely on Us for Your Water Damage Mitigation Needs
Water damages can cause some major problems for your home. If you need a water cleanup company call Paul! at 888-473-7769. Our professionals will connect you with an expert in your area. We‘ve spent 50 years repairing water damages, so you can count on on Paul Davis to handle any water emergency you throw our way.